Placements at IIT Indore are organized and conducted by the Placement Office with assistance from students. The recruitment process is as follows:
- Companies or organizations interested in recruiting from IIT Indore are requested to register their intent with the Placement Office by submitting the filled Job Announcement Form (JAF), preferably along with a softcopy of their Pre-Placement Talk (PPT) material. The JAF is the primary basis of communicating the details of the positions offered to the candidates. It is therefore, highly desirable that the form is completed in all respects and it would be beneficial if it is accompanied by additional relevant details about the company.
- A user-id and password for the online placement portal would be made available to all registered companies to access résumés of all interested students.
- Companies are requested to conduct a Pre-Placement Talk (PPT) and inform the Placement Office about the preferred dates for the same. However, the final dates will be provided by the Placement Office to ensure that there is no clash of timings. The video conferencing facility of the Institute may also be used on request.
- Companies may take a short-listing written examination, if they so desire. It is recommended to take such exams well before the interview dates.
- The Placement Office shall decide campus interview dates for all registered companies for the placement season which starts from December 1, 2012. The allotment of dates will depend on a variety of factors, including but not limited to the following:
- Job Profile
- Student Interest
- Compensation Package
- Placement process shall be completed on a slot basis. Each company that has registered with us will be allotted either the morning or the evening slot. The morning slot begins at 9:00 am and ends at 3:00 pm. The evening slot is scheduled from 4:00 pm to 10:00 pm. By the end of the scheduled slot of campus interview, the company is required to submit a list of final selected students. It is to be noted that this list will be treated as a firm offer.
- The Placement Office strictly enforces ONE STUDENT, ONE JOB OFFER POLICY. Every student is bound to accept the job offer of a company, once selected, when the results are declared. This rule can be overridden in special circumstances, at the discretion of Faculty In charge, Placement Office.
- The Placement Office has de-linked Pre-Placement Offers from placements. Hence, students who have a pre-placement offer will be allowed to register for placements.