ELIGIBILITY AND REGISTRATION
- The role of the Placement Office is of a facilitator and counselor for placement related activities. The Placement Office does NOT guarantee a job. Applying for a company or joining a company is entirely the responsibility/decision of the student concerned.
- Students must register to be eligible for Placements. All students who expect to graduate from the Institute by the end of the academic year 2012-2013 and are seeking employment may register for campus placement with the Placement Office. Note that placement registration is for ONE ACADEMIC YEAR ONLY. Registration is not a compulsion. Students not interested in placements are requested not to register.
- The Placement Office strongly discourages students to go for off-campus placements in the companies that are expected to come to IIT Indore as this affects company-institute relations adversely. Students are also requested to forward contacts they have, if any, in different companies so that the Placement Office may formally invite these companies for placements.
- The Placement Office assumes that every selected student will pass the medical test (if any). If there is a rejection at this stage, the student’s registration will be renewed and the student becomes eligible again to seek placement through this cell.
- Students who have lost the job for genuine reasons will be allowed to re-register on a case to case basis. Only students who have a course extension or other genuine reasons will be allowed to re-register.
- Students are advised to read all the announcements made, go through the company website, and apply only if interested.
- Students are expected to conform to the resume template which will be mailed.
- All the details mentioned in the resume have to be genuine and will be verified by the Placement Office. Any student found violating this rule will be deregistered from the placement process for the rest of the academic year.
- Students are required to upload and submit their resumes well before the company application deadline. Resumes once submitted, can be modified till the deadline is reached. However, DEADLINES WILL NOT BE EXTENDED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
- Students are advised to avoid last minute uploading as there may be delays and some may even get left out.
- Pre-placement talks serve as a means to clarify details such as salary break-up, job profile, place of work, bond details etc. with the companies. Students are required to be well-versed with all these details by clarifying them during the pre-placement talk.
- Notices of the pre-placement talks will be sent well in advance.
- Students interested in a particular company are required to attend its pre-placement talk. Only students who have attended the pre-placement talk will be eligible to apply for that company.
- It is the responsibility of the student to check announcements/notices/updated information/shortlisted names etc. in the notice boards of Placement Office/website/mail.
- Students must get their ID cards whenever they are attending the selection process.
- Students should maintain originals and sufficient copies of their C.V., Passport size photographs, mark sheets, grade cards, transcripts, certificates etc. The Placement Office will not be responsible for providing any assistance to the students on the procurement of the above said documents.
- Students are expected to be punctual by being in time as per the notices and announcements. Late comers for aptitude test/group discussion/interview may not be allowed to appear for the selection process.
- If a student has opted to take part in the recruitment process of a company the student is bound to appear for ALL the stages/rounds conducted by the company according to his/her eligibility. In the event of a student being selected for a particular round and then not turning up for the same, the Placement Office will levy a penalty on the student. The penalty could also be to the extent of barring the student from future participation in any placement related activity. All decisions regarding this will be made by the Placement Office only.
- Students should maintain discipline and display ethical behavior throughout the placement process. Any student found cheating or violating the discipline rules set by the company or defaming the Institute name will be penalized and/or deregistered from the placement process for the rest of the academic year.
- Any communication between the company and a student must happen via the Placement Office only.
- Students must be formally dressed whenever they participate in any sort of interaction with a company. The Placement Office reserves the right to refuse permission to a student to attend the selection process, if their attire is unsatisfactory.
- The Placement Office has de-linked Pre-Placement Offers from placements. Hence, students who have a pre-placement offer will be allowed to register for placements.
- The Placement Office strictly enforces ONE STUDENT, ONE JOB OFFER POLICY. Every student is bound to accept the job offer of a company, once selected, when the results are declared.
- Every student who is selected by a company is out of placement thereafter i.e. deregistered from the placement website. A deregistered account will be activated, only on a case to case basis, at the discretion of Faculty In charge, Placement Office.
- The responsibility of going through the offer letter and taking actions therein such as submission of documents lies entirely with the student. In case offers are received directly by the student from the company, the same must be intimated to the Placement Office.
- After having accepted a job offer, if a student does not wish to join a company due to genuine reasons such as pursuing higher studies, then the students is bound to inform the Placement Office and abide by the agreements/bonds they enter into with the company. If students don't adhere to this point, then in addition to a penalty they are liable to receive their degrees at a later date than others.
The Placement Office reserves the right to override any of the above rules in special circumstances and use their discretion to act on matters not covered by the above rules.